Faculty of Arts & Human Sciences
A. Faculty Mission
The Faculty of Arts and Human Sciences’ mission is to ensure intellectual creativity in the field of arts and human sciences to its students.
The various majors offered in the faculty aim on preparing individuals to the futuristic challenges of the society and build a better society for the present and successive generations. Also it acts on making clear to the students that best insurance for coping with the future will be through the development of a versatile mind, ability to reason and think critically.
B. Faculty Objectives
The offered majors in the faculty designed to achieve the following objectives:
- Create an educational environment that encourage students to seek excellence through continuous growth based on highly set standards of educational process.
- Equip the students with knowledge. It is believed to have the highest survival value for both the students and the society.
- Provide the students with education which involves exposure to new ideas, critical thinking and how to manipulate old ideas in new way of thinking.
- Make the students value the importance of arts and various aspects of human sciences, its impact on the individual in particular and the society in general.
C. Faculty Admission Requirements
Admission Requirements for a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Baccalaureate or its equivalent
- English language proficiency
- Personal interview
D. Departments & Degrees
The building assigned for the faculty of Arts & Human Sciences is of 1670 m2 and has a capacity of 420 students
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in the following majors:
- Arabic Language and Literature
- French Language and Literature
- English Language and Literature
- Elementary Education
E. Graduation Requirements For A Bachelor OF Arts (BA)
- To complete successfully a total of 99 credit hours.
- Obtaining a minimum of an overall GPA of 2.0
For a B.A Honors in Translation students must successfully complete a total of 120 credit hours.