Faculty of Public Health & Nutrition
Public Health is the science and art of promoting health, well-being, preventing disease and injuries, prolonging life and improving quality of life through organized efforts for the sanitation of the environment, the control of communicable infections, the organization of paramedical services for the early diagnosis and prevention of disease, the education of the individual in personal health and the development of the social infrastructure to assure everyone an adequate standard of living.
The mission of the Faculty of Public Health is to advance public health knowledge, promote health and well-being and prevent disease and disabilities within communities in Lebanon and the Arab world in general. The faculty strives to accomplish this goal through excellence in education, fostering research opportunities and service to communities through collaborative partnerships. The faculty is comprised of three academic units: the departments of environmental and occupational health (EOH), nursing (NUR) and nutrition (NUT).
- To provide an academic environment for public health education, research and practice
- To educate individuals through an academic program that prepares graduates to identify, address, and resolve public health issues and manage public health programs in diverse settings
- To disseminate and interpret research results to advance the health of the communities through collaborative public health approaches to health promotion and disease prevention and intervention
Applicants must have completed the Lebanese Baccalaureate or its equivalent. Those who have completed a technical diploma will be considered on an individual basis. All candidates must pass an entrance exam, show English language proficiency and pass a personal interview with the head of the department.
- Completion of all courses and proficiency requirements specified in the candidate’s program
- At least 65 credits must be taken at MUT for all majors except for nursing which is 80 credits
- Minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 is required for graduation